Help Save City Club

Vena

Reposted for a friend:

hey guys and gals that love city club and detroit.

i need help! i am looking for people who want to help paint, clean,

build things and much much more.

if you have raw materials that you could donate or sell cheaply give me a shout.

I want to help one of Detroit's oldest clubs revamp and become nice.

please give me a shout on myspace if you have any ideas or you just want to be involved in the crazyiness,,,,,

Please Contact: http://www.myspace.com/chaosproductions

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can clean stuff...

I can paint, but I wouldn't know what to paint. I also am not sure if I'd want to take on a mural project, I have too much other shit on my hands atm.

How would the volunteering work out? Would it be on a weekday or something? My Christmas break is starting on Thursday, so lemme know.

Can anybody donate $20,000 so that the suck ass stoopid sound system can actually have a small amount of dynamic range??? Seriously it sounds like I am listening to a CB radio in a fishtank that is stuffed in a drawer full of socks

kthnx...

Seriously it sounds like I am listening to a CB radio in a fishtank that is stuffed in a drawer full of socks

:rofl:

Easily thee best, most hilarious, and completely accurate comparison I've heard about their horrible sound system yet! :thumbup:

You, Phee, get a gold star and an A+ :clap:

I can paint, but I am not going to waste my talent on CC. Not when the walls get smashed in, its so dim, and the massive amounts of vomit on the floor, covered by the lack of light.

Touche, another very valid point as to why I wouldn't waste my time. If I were to be getting paid however, might be a totally different story. It would have to be in the summer though.

But why you gotta diss on my barf, Candy? I :tongue::ralph:

I'm no Michelangelo either, but anything is better than those crudely drawn anime figures on the dance floor (not the faces of the ladies, the actual full body figure outlines or whatever). I did better than that in third grade, I hope you didn't pay the person who did those :laugh: Maybe buy that guy some stencils or something?

i'mm bring the awesome and LOTS of rubber gloves, and scrub brushes... just gimme a time, and I will see what i can do... it needs to be cleaned before it gets painted...

No kidding it has to be cleaned.

But it doesn't matter how much scrubin you do, it will not phase the massive layers of smoke and spit and vomit on the walls.

It would be easier to just smash out the walls and re-drywall the whole place.

hey! that's a cool idea... oh, you know what works well, instead of dry wall? its inexpensive, but its very flammable, tho... thick cardboard. and instead of a gaping hole staying in the drywall, when someone looses their footing, or their cool, you can just cut it out, dry wall tape in another piece of cardboard, paint it, and go... but, i think that the whole sheet metal would be good all the way up the wall... cardboard works REALLY well for sound proofing. be good UNDER the sheet metal.. lol have all the rivets and bolts covered in rubber so that ppl don't hurt themselves....

I'm just waiting for the stage to collapse, or the benches to cave in on themselves....

and i agree about the black lighting and bathroom things, too....... just don't get rid of the comfy chairs in our bathrooms, but get slip-covers that can just be pulled off and washed at the end of the night, or whatever... none of that plastic shit, tho...

cardboard UNDER the sheet metal...or that shit that goes under the insulation used for "floating" hard wood floors... I know it works, we used it in our garage, and believe me, when you have a sound system like THAT, and ppl who play guitar badly, and loudly, yeah.... uhm... yeah........but, the practicality of it all is this: its easy to clean.. okay, maybe halfway up in the ballroom, cuz the ceilings are SO high.... but yeah.. the rest of it... i don't see why it can't be all the way up, as long as its properly insulated.

Archived