We Are All Ugly

I'm ugly because I'm cynical.

I'm ugly because I can be overly sensitive about things.

I'm ugly because I'm judgmental.

I'm ugly because I procrastinate when I should just quit stalling and do it already.

I'm ugly because the older I get, the more impatient I become.

I'm ugly because I've fallen into a pattern of eating too much junk, and not exercising as much as I should.

I'm ugly because I can be very narcissistic.

I'm ugly because I feel quite apathetic about people with whom I have no emotional connection.

I'm ugly because I sometimes forget and end a sentence with a preposition.

I'm ugly because it's hard for me to admit when I am wrong.

I'm ugly because I sometimes pretend that I don't know things that I really do so that I will seem like less of a know-it-all.

I'm ugly because being around mentally handicapped people makes me a little uncomfortable.

I'm ugly because I hate lying, even when it is to spare someone's feelings.

I'm ugly because I am moody.

I'm ugly because I have some obsessive compulsive tendencies.

I'm ugly because I am too quick to write off flaws, my own and those of others, as human nature, when perhaps I should be doing something to improve them.

I'm ugly because I don't get excited easily.

I'm ugly because I'm lazy.

I'm ugly because I worry too much about my appearance.

I'm ugly because if I don't like someone, I don't make much, if any, effort to hide it.

I'm ugly because I am afraid of anyone developing feelings for me.

I'm ugly because ^ causes me to avoid being around people.

I'm ugly because I won't let myself develop feelings for anyone.

I'm ugly because I feel that I have nothing to offer this world.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm ugly because I'm self absorbed.

I'm ugly because I'm overweight.

I'm ugly because I'm selfish.

I'm ugly because I am easily irritated.

I'm ugly because I avoid people when they talk to much.

I'm ugly because I have a short fucking attention span, and I blame it on having to work in retail.

I'm ugly because people annoy me and I usually hate every customer that walks into the electronics department.

I'm ugly because I'm co-dependent as well as want every co-dependent and dependent and old fucking lady who wants me to put the

minutes on their greasy track phones for them because they are lazy to DIE a horrible slow death.

I'm ugly because I can be jealous.

I'm ugly because I'm beautiful.

I'm ugly because I hate.

I'm ugly because I can be manipulative.

I'm ugly because most of this is learned behavior, I know this, and I don't always want to work on it.

I'm ugly because I actually DO work on it, and I usually own behavior that makes me ugly, while stopping the behavior as well....which just makes YOU look like an idiot for thinking I'm ugly.

(takes a breath)

>.>

I'm happy with being ugly in some cases....

in others, I do what I have to to change.

(I'm ugly because I see how some of this applies to other people, making them just as ugly. And I think that its funny)

Edited by asphyxian_doll

• 2 weeks later...

I am ugly because I'm a self-depreciating person.

I am ugly because I berate myself for the smallest mistakes.

I am ugly because I dont stick up for myself or put my foot down as much as I know I should.

I am ugly because I swear too much.

I am ugly because I dont know how to respond when someone does compliment me.

I am ugly because I hate being physically spoiled.

I am ugly because I dont think highly of myself in general.

I am ugly because I am shallow when it comes to race.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of what folks have mentioned above are maybe character flaws and traits; these things do not make you "ugly", just human and as such aren't perfect, aren't infallible. If folks here were admitting to laughing joyously at terminally ill children or taking part in nursing home abuses then, yes, that would make one very ugly. And I know no one here does that. :)

We all have our quirks. :wink

And I'm not being condescending here but there are a lot of good-looking, beautiful, and just downright hot folks on this thread. Whatever inner things you have that you feel you need to work out does not make you any less good-looking nor does it make you a loathsome individual.

Me, I'm ugly 'cause I got a crooked, sad-sack face. And no "pep-talk" 'cause, really, I am.:wink I don't think that my procrastination, apprehensive nature, and absent-mindedness (among other things) add to that. For better or worse, they're part of what makes The Deadcat, well, The Deadcat. Some of these things have gotten me lectures or have been accepted as somewhat charming or cute by past significant others.

On the other hand, my hair makes up for my lack of looks. :p God, I love my hair!

In any case, what I've read in everyone's posts does not make them ugly at all.

And perfection's such a bore anyways, yes?

Im ugly because I put all my faith and eggs in one basket and now with the changing of times I will never make any real money. I am ugly for passing judgement and gossiping. I am ugly for putting people on pedestels and getting made at them for not living to my expectations.

Guest Megalicious

I am ugly because I let my NEED to be an overachiever get in the way of everything else in my life.

I am ugly because even though I tell my mother I forgive her - I DON'T and I never will.

I am ugly because I would be more upset if Clem died then if my Grandmother did.

I am ugly because I have done a lot of things in my past that are horrifying (to the present day me).

I am ugly because I can be judgmental as hell.

I am ugly because if my GPA dropped to anything less than perfect I would flip the fuck out.

I am ugly because I am jealous and hateful to people who had normal loving parents and a decent childhood.

I am ugly because I can't let Jarod love me in the way he wants to.

I am ugly because I have more empathy for animals and homeless people then I ever will for a "common" person.

I am ugly because my mind goes VERY dark places sometimes.

I'm ugly because I still believe it's my fault he's gone.

I'm ugly because I'm too fucked up in my own head to hold down a job, no matter how easy that job is.

I'm ugly because at 24 years old I still live off mommy and daddy, even when they can't afford to have me in the house anymore.

I'm ugly because said mental issues no one will ever want me.