Best Current Goth/deathrock Bands?

DJDeadbeat

All goth rock/deathrock kids are pretentious about their music.

Usually for good reason.

It's always misinterpreted for some pretty lame bands at times.

(I.E. Goth being related to Marilyn Manson or Rob Zombie)

(I.E. Deathrock being seen as "death metal".)

It's hard to keep your cool when it's so easily misconstruded by a vast amount of people.

Agreed! Deathrockers and goths are trying to keep what they love alive and from being misconstrued anymore than it already is.

Pretention generally means passion. I usually get targetted for music snobbery, but I am merely passionate about music. I should care about and know about what I love. Who doesn't get upset when something they care about is being misunderstood and bastardized?

Somewhere out there right now is a forum dedicated to real EMOtional hardcore music and whining over people thinking My Chemical Romance and Aiden are emo and how no one knows who Indian Summer or Piebald are.

Edited by DJDeadbeat

Agreed! Deathrockers and goths are trying to keep what they love alive and from being misconstrued anymore than it already is.

Pretention generally means passion. I usually get targetted for music snobbery, but I am merely passionate about music. I should care about and know about what I love. Who doesn't get upset when something they care about is being misunderstood and bastardized?

Somewhere out there right now is a forum dedicated to real EMOtional hardcore music and whining over people thinking My Chemical Romance and Aiden are emo and how no one knows who Indian Summer or Piebald are.

Wonder if this is how the brothas feel when white kids take on the stereotypes and cliches of rap & hip-hop.

Wonder if this is how the brothas feel when white kids take on the stereotypes and cliches of rap & hip-hop.

Probably, or not just the white kids, when the brothas themselves take on the stereotypes of gangsta rap. I really look up to Lupe Fiasco as a good rapper for the fact his song Daydreamin' talks about how all rap does is glorify ghetto life, and there isn't glorious about it!

I really dug Cult of the Psychic Fetus, but I dont desire to pay $15 for it.

I love that people here know who Cult of the Psychic Fetus are.

Love it.

Not exactly goth or deathmetal, but I have to give major props to both Deftones & Thrice, as well.

Complex, ambient rock/metal/punk from both.

We forgot Theatre Of Ice, didn't we?

They're still around. I know some members are regulars on the deathrock board, but are they still playing? I want to see some recent pictures of them. All I can find are their tyical roster of photos from their albums.

Great band though. Unsung heroes. I have 5 of their CDs. haha.

They're still around. I know some members are regulars on the deathrock board, but are they still playing? I want to see some recent pictures of them. All I can find are their tyical roster of photos from their albums.

And how can I forget the one & only Andi Sex Gang and his current endeavours including the current incarnation of Sex Gang Children?

And how can I forget the one & only Andi Sex Gang and his current endeavours including the current incarnation of Sex Gang Children?

You got to adore the fact he did a duet with Lucus Lanthier which bridged music generations. I really liked that. I brought together the old scene with the new.

"In the Attic" is a fucking killer song.

What current goth rock and deathrock bands are pricking you up by the ears. I know there are a slew of boring Christian Death and Sisters clones, but whats new! Personally I feel the best dark bands are....

A Spectre is Haunting Europe

eNTERTAINME.nt

Pins and Needles

Deadchovsky

The Horrors

The Holy Kiss

Black Ice

Bohemien

Frank the Baptist

All Gone Dead (hey, I like 'em!)

New Days Delay

Deadfly Ensemble/Cinema Strange

Igor Spectre

Chants of Maldoror

Gotterdammerung

Signals and Report

Spectres

I know not a lot of people listen to goth on this board, but is there any others you all like? Discuss!

I never heard of any of them. My "gothic" music tastes are mostly in dark wave and bands like Siouxsie and the Banshees and My Dying Bride.

I never heard of any of them. My "gothic" music tastes are mostly in dark wave and bands like Siouxsie and the Banshees and My Dying Bride.

Haven't heard of any of them? Some of those were pretty known I thought. Well check them out! See if you like any of them. And isn't My Dying Bride a death/doom metal band?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...