Anime Peoples, I Am Calling You Out

So this is another one of "which is your favorite" threads, BUT this one is different. Usually when someone starts a "which is your favorite" topic, people will list off a few more than JUST their number one favorite. Most people can't pick just one (which is the boat I'm in actually). SO for this right here, what is your favvvvvorite anime series of all time if you had to pick just ONE, and why? Muhahaha I can imagine the rest of you anime enthusiasts just pacing back and forth in your room trying to figure this one out, so that's why I posted it. Actually, it's my topic and I couldn't even pick right now, I'd have to think about it for a few. My list boils down to: FLCL, Samurai Champloo, Serial Experiments: Lain, Sailor Moon, and Cowboy Bebop. But I can't decide quite yet.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Megalicious

I shall have to agree with you about Serial experiments.

Najica Blitz Tactics

Record of the Lodoss War

Berserk

Esca Flowne

Samuri Gun (though I only have the first two disc, I have been meaning to get the other two for like 2 years now)

Favortie Anime movie has to be and will always be Nija Scroll.

I -LOOOOOOVE- Gantz... It's just so bad ass. It's very much like the games I run, with lots of weirdness. Player Characters typically have LOTS of powers, but have to figure them out, and how to use them before the monsters eat them.

I love it.

I shall have to agree with you about Serial experiments.

Najica Blitz Tactics

Record of the Lodoss War

Berserk

Esca Flowne

Samuri Gun (though I only have the first two disc, I have been meaning to get the other two for like 2 years now)

Favortie Anime movie has to be and will always be Nija Scroll.

Meg, you get like 800 bonus points for mentioning Lain. Everytime I ask some anime fan about it they're like "Serial Experiments...who?" SO, it's awesome that someone on here has not only seen it but also gets it. 'Cause alot of people plain just don't get it, straight out. Hmmm so for me now it falls down probably to either FLCL or Lain. Hmmm but I do love my Champloo. Damnit...(still need time to think about my all time favorite).

I'm a recovering anime fan.

my absolute favorite of all time is, and always will be: FLCL

Although Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo is utterly amazing in its own right.

As is Now&Then+Here&There.

Add Beserk and Gungrave to the list for a nice top five.

YES. FLCL rox so hard. Bonus points fo' you too :)

Laugh all you want, but when it comes to TV series, Inuyasha..

I used to be into Paranoia Agent when it was on.

As far as films go... I've always had a taste for the Vampire Hunter D movies.

Grrr! Everyone tells me I need to see Paranoia Agent and that "I must watch it all the way through from the beginning to the end without skipping around", which indeed sparks my interest. 'Cause now I need to know why. But then again, I don't think it's on Adult Swim anymore, so all hope is prolly lost for me ever seeing it. I may download it off limewire, I dunno.

Vampire Hunter D (( original movie, der )) [[ Hells yeah KBK! ]]

Robot Carnival (( movie ))

Anime?

Cowboy Bebop

Samurai Champloo

Outlaw Star

FLCL

Freakishly, those last four are pretty much my four favorite (with the additions of Sailor Moon and SE: Lain). Good job :thumbsup:

Grrr! Everyone tells me I need to see Paranoia Agent and that "I must watch it all the way through from the beginning to the end without skipping around", which indeed sparks my interest. 'Cause now I need to know why. But then again, I don't think it's on Adult Swim anymore, so all hope is prolly lost for me ever seeing it. I may download it off limewire, I dunno.

It's a bad-ass anime, therefore yes, you must see it. =3

I guess I'm horribly out of date. But, I can say I've always been very picky about the anime I'll watch, because, honestly, most of it seems like crap.

There will always be a special place in my heart for Akira, which got me started in the world of anime, oh so long ago. The Vampire Hunter D movies are something of a requisite around here, and what they lack in plot, they make up in style. I have one of the original novels (illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano, no less), and have been telling myself that I ought to sit down and translate the stupid thing.

Then you have the films by Studio Ghibli. Miyao Hayazaki doesn't do good anime, he does great stories. Kaze no Tani no Naushikaa, Kurenai no Buta, Majo no Takyubin, Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa, Mononoke-hime, Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi, Hauru no Ugoku Shiro, and the others I've forgotten. And while it was directed by him, the Ghibli-produced Hotaru no Haka. If that one doesn't hit a few heartstrings, you aren't human (I just barely qualify). And, the segue to the next set, Lupin Sansei, Cariostoro no Shiro.

Lupin the 3rd. Old, but hilarious. And Galaxy Express 999. Also old, but sort of interesting.

A few? hah.

Roughly i'd say 75% of everyone i know on DGN is at least somewhat into anime. Probably more on DGN are into anime than could identify "The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove"

I was watching anime when no one even knew what it was. I had to explain it to them every time in my high school days. Hell now you can get it at best buy.

I'm an old school anime fan. I began my collection with both english dub and original japanese dialect with Akira. Also have stuff like Neo Tokyo, Demon City Shinjuku, Wicked City, Patlabor, Dagger of Kamui, Fist of the Northstar and a lot of the gaming animes like Street Fighter 2, Battle Arena Toshinden, Darkstalkers, and of course that popular one (not exactly anime) Heavy Metal which is awesome in itself. I have a ton of old anime from the late 80s and all of the 90s.