Worst Way To Break Up

A friend of mine called me today, his GF broke up with him via a note on the bathroom mirror. We started talking about the worst ways someone has broken up with us, or we have broken up with other's. I'm curious to know other's experiences. I must admit...once...I broke up with a guy by actually moving.:oops

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay....

* when i was 19 my boyfriend of a few months asked me to marry him over and over and over.. i got to the point where i was considering.. He moved to New Orleans.

(cries laughing!!!!!) Come on. "I dont want to see you again" would have been P L E N T Y.

* my early 20's i broke up with a guy the same way, only i moved to New York. (NEW Orleans.. NEW York.. um.. NEW START!!!!! hahaha .. terrible.)

Some one told me once that they believe I make others pay for the really hurtful things that have happened to me thruout my life.

...i am starting to wonder if there is a touch of truth to this...

:/

I've got rules, and it scales. If possible I do it in person, then over the phone, IM service, e-mail or letter (same difference pretty much). Always in the nicest way possible, unless fighting is involved, then it's time to make them pay.

I think the worst way to break up with someone is to do it though a friend or via third party. Moving out really wouldn't be that bad at least for me. If I really liked her then I wouldn't want to see her for quite some time afterwards. Well unless they took care of part of the bills, then that would probably be the worst way.

No scratch that. Do it on Valentines day and give them chocolates/flowers with a note on the inside saying you've been cheating on them and are leaving them for someone else. Shit I might scalp the bitch if I was dating someone and she did that to me :D

To be fair, when I moved it was after he was indecisive for far to long about "where we were headed." Then I did not hear from him at all for a bit. Some things happened and I ended up going to another state to help out a friend and ended up staying there. I had no way of contacting him because he had a spot of bad luck and no phone or permanent address. I did break up with a guy in the middle of a blockbuster video once....I started it with "maybe we shouldn't rent a movie tonight..."

I had a couple guys break up with me via myspace, or rather...I found out about OTHER girls they decided to be with that way.

Just wanted to add, include photos or video evidence so it stings that much more.

This discussion reminds me of that part in the pilot episode of Invader Zim

Zim "I put all the fires out"

Tallest "YOU MADE THEM WORSE!"

Zim "Worse.... or better?"

Maybe it should be entitled "the best way to break up with someone.... you hate."

I try to be nice about it and maintain a friendship if they've been cool, but it just don't work out. However if they get really ugly about shit that causes me to break up with them, I really drop all communication with them with no warning. When someone starts fuckin with my head and doin evil shit to me, i tend to stop caring for them and really follow the notion to ignore them from then on. The WORST thing I did however was way back in the day when i was 19...

I had a girl before I went to basic training, she dumped me for a dumb reason. Then, while I was most the way through basic training (9 weeks in California) She then decided to call the local cops and say I was stalking her the other night. She got her mom all riled up and stuff too. The cops were after me before they even found out I've been in California for like 9 weeks still in boot camp. However my DI's still got wind of this stupid drama goin on back here in Michigan, and although they knew better.. it didn't stop them from fuckin with me even more just for amusement out of it all. So when I was home on boot leave, guess who calls up all warm and lovey, thinking I had no idea what stunt she pulled while I was away for 13 straight weeks. I decided to play along. So when she asked me if I wanted to hook back up, I said I would love to! We decided to stay at a hotel that night. This is where it get's REALLY good. The room was in her name, I had already sold my car to my friend before i let boot camp (she didn't know, and he let me borrow my old car for the night) So when she's thinking one thing's leading to another, and we're both naked and just about ready to do the deed, I reach over into the suitcase I brought with and pulled out a paper bag, and asked her to put it over her head. She went apeshit and locked herself in the bathroom thinking it would put me on a guilt trip or whatever, I don't know. It just gave me the golden opportunity to steal all her clothes she threw off in a horny rush, and take off. She heard me start my car, ran out covering her with the bedsheet and as I pulled out, i grabbed it and pulled it off of her. What was REALLY funny.. was she was in such a rush to go out side, she forgot that the doors there lock as soon as they close, and she left the key card inside. I'm not sure what she did after that, being stranded outside naked. But it was perfect opportunity being taken by thinking on my feet.

I was dateing a girl my senior year of highschool... One day i realized that the wedding all the girls talked about right after high school was mine. Oddly, I still do not remember asking anyone to marry. This really bothered me. Then, on V-day, she called me to do the whole happy v-day thing.. "wish my mom would let me go out tonight" kinda thing and make plans for the weekend... and I said "I don;t want to get married and I don't want to go out with you anymore. Please, stop calling me." I had two friends over.. they were shocked but not as much as I was.

I still feel guilty but oddly, a few years later we became friends again. We still talk now and then.

I told him I was in love with someone else......but....I was......and at least I was honest as soon as I figured it out......

And I broke off an engagement TWICE both x's two weeks before the wedding but in both cases.....both were cheaters and one was very abusive. In fact, I only said yes to get him off my back.

I think the worst and most impersonal way to break up with someone is through a text message. Not so good.

Otherwise... if you've only met for coffee or a quick drink, nothing came of it... email is good.

If you've gone out a couple times and maybe got a little somethin' out of it... ya know... but no "serious" feelings... a call is alright.

If you've been seeing the person for a while and there may be some feelings involved ... a nice public place IN PERSON should do the trick.

I just think that when you're gonna break up with someone you should think "how would I feel if"

*shrugs*

Just a thought.

worst way i've been dumped i just didn't hear from her again

funny thing about that one is i ended up dateing her again a couple years later and she ended up liveing with me for a bit

worst way i've ever dumped anyone was i said "i don't like you anymore, you annoy me. Go away. " i've used that one a few times

i've had it all happen to me.. over the phone, in person, via note, someone else telling me, not hearing from the person, having them move, avoiding me at all cost... *shrugs* it's ok though, that which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger....

Worst way I got dumped: She called me at work to tell me she slept with my best friend. We were together for 3 years and he was my best friend of 6 years. And as soon as she told me she 'had to go' because of 'customers', allegedly. So there was no way I could talk to her about it or find out more or call her back. It was torture.

The worst way I broke up with someone: Having someone break up with her for me.

Worst way I got dumped: She called me at work to tell me she slept with my best friend. We were together for 3 years and he was my best friend of 6 years. And as soon as she told me she 'had to go' because of 'customers', allegedly. So there was no way I could talk to her about it or find out more or call her back. It was torture.

The worst way I broke up with someone: Having someone break up with her for me.

Yes add that to the plan, make it their best friend... or dad would work too.

Worst way I was broken up with....I never was.

Once I was out shopping for their birthday and ran into someone that he had been with the previous night (when he said he was working) who hugged me and said they were sorry about the break up...and that the New Girl was not "that great"...I was like...Break up?...What New Girl?

Another time I went to leave him a message on his MySpace and found out on his blog that we were through and he was excited to have met up with his Ex and they were going to patch things up.

Since my adulthood I always try and break up in the way I believe to be fairest. (In Serious/ Semi-Serious Relationships) I think of all the questions they may ask (Was it me? Is it someone else? When did you start feeling this way? etc.) and try to have HONEST answers ready for them. I also only do it in person. I hate the cowardice of being broken up with by someone that tries to find something to hide behind (lies, a phone, a computer). I also refuse to give a false sense of hope to that person if I know there may be even the smallest incline that their isn't one. Like..."Who knows it may work in the future", or "I am still in love with you/ part of me is still in love with you", or "I just need a little space for now". If it's done...say its done. So many time's I have been lead to believe it was just "a break" and then a couple days later they are with someone else and I am left dumbfounded and crushed.

I was kinda bummed when I got dumped over the phone. While, this may seem kinda stupid, the girl I don't think really wanted to break up. I think it was mostly her mom for one. Also, she told me she couldn't do it in person cause we always had such a great time and she really didn't want to.

I guess I deserved it. Without meaning to I hurt a lot of women in the previous few years because of my unwillingness to get into another relationship, trust someone, and get hurt. I have a lot of regrets about that time of my life and the choices I made.

I've been in the longest relationship of my life at the moment, and I still don't believe that any woman should ever tolerate me. I'm like cocaine. Fun for a short time, and a bitch to come down from. I'm too in love with sadness for anything long term. I really do wish I could just be happy sometimes. While, I treasure precious moments, I put too much value on things in this world that I can't change, and too little value on things in my life that I can change. I just wish this world was as beautiful to me as it was when I was a child. Long before I learned how ugly people really are.

Archived