How's Your Emotional Intelligence?

xBrutalBeautyx

"Empathy" or "Emotional Observation" probably a better term for this badly described psychological term (but they do actually call it this.)

The way they worded these questions and the fact that there is no "middle" choice... ugh. Almost forced to get a high score because the "no" answer is usually to extreme to be accurate (at least for me)

"do you sometimes..." well hell yeah "sometimes". "More often than not" probably better wording if they are giving only 2 choices. Or "on a scale from 1 to 5..." type thing.

Just as a guess, i'd say 130-135 is probably closer to what they were trying to get at for me.

Your EQ is 153

emotions.jpg

50 or less: Thanks for answering honestly. Now get yourself a shrink, quick!

51-70: When it comes to understanding human emotions, you'd have better luck understanding Chinese.

71-90: You've got more emotional intelligence than the average frat boy. Barely.

91-110: You're average. It's easy to predict how you'll react to things. But anyone could have guessed that.

111-130: You usually have it going on emotionally, but roadblocks tend to land you on your butt.

131-150: You are remarkable when it comes to relating with others. Only the biggest losers get under your skin.

150+: Two possibilities - you've either out "Dr. Phil-ed" Dr. Phil... or you're a dirty liar.

What's Your EQ (Emotional Intelligence Quotient)?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyoureqquiz/

Your EQ is 180

emotions.jpg

51-70: When it comes to understanding human emotions, you'd have better luck understanding Chinese.

71-90: You've got more emotional intelligence than the average frat boy. Barely.

91-110: You're average. It's easy to predict how you'll react to things. But anyone could have guessed that.

111-130: You usually have it going on emotionally, but roadblocks tend to land you on your butt.

131-150: You are remarkable when it comes to relating with others. Only the biggest losers get under your skin.

150+: Two possibilities - you've either out "Dr. Phil-ed" Dr. Phil... or you're a dirty liar.

Your EQ is 147

emotions.jpg

In this type of thing, I'm okay with being average.. :)

Your EQ is 107

emotions.jpg

Your EQ is 133

emotions.jpg

• 1 month later...

Your EQ is 173

emotions.jpg

A couple 133, must be a lucky number!{Or the product of very redundant results. lol These things are so rigged…}

Your EQ is 133

emotions.jpg

Your EQ is 127

emotions.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

"Empathy" or "Emotional Observation" probably a better term for this badly described psychological term (but they do actually call it this.)

The way they worded these questions and the fact that there is no "middle" choice... ugh. Almost forced to get a high score because the "no" answer is usually to extreme to be accurate (at least for me)

"do you sometimes..." well hell yeah "sometimes". "More often than not" probably better wording if they are giving only 2 choices. Or "on a scale from 1 to 5..." type thing.

Just as a guess, i'd say 130-135 is probably closer to what they were trying to get at for me.

Your EQ is 153 <---meh yeah right!! There was no choice for "screwed up mess? Yes/No?"

That is the whole problem (and goal really) of internet quizzes. Even internet IQ tests. They are designed to make most people feel good about themselves. Even the ones based on some sort of real science will boil it down so that a majority of people will "ace" them. This is either due to a bias in the quiz designer, limits of such simplified choices and questions, bias in the testee that comes out when answers are only one absolute or the other, or a combination of all of the above. These quizzes tend to be very A/B, with no middle ground.

That is the whole problem (and goal really) of internet quizzes. Even internet IQ tests. They are designed to make most people feel good about themselves. Even the ones based on some sort of real science will boil it down so that a majority of people will "ace" them. This is either due to a bias in the quiz designer, limits of such simplified choices and questions, bias in the testee that comes out when answers are only one absolute or the other, or a combination of all of the above. These quizzes tend to be very A/B, with no middle ground.

That's because they are designed for entertainment. No one is really to take them seriously. However, if anyone is, please call this number: 1-248-559-2673, and tell them Rhodes sent you.

Your EQ is 120

You usually have it going on emotionally, but roadblocks tend to land you on your butt.

On an average day, you're quite happy, together, and content. You live your life well.

Your emotions aren't always stable, but you can go along with the ups and downs pretty well.

You tend to be motivated, energetic, focused, and level headed.

You see the world pretty rationally, and you don't tend to over dramatize things. When things are bad, you know they eventually have to get better.

OH THAT'S HILARIOUS!!! :rofl:

I LOVE these stupid things!

That's because they are designed for entertainment. No one is really to take them seriously. However, if anyone is, please call this number: 1-248-559-2673, and tell them Rhodes sent you.

You too funny :hrhr:

Many people do. Scarey

That's because we live in a world where people wait to be told what to do and believe everything because they saw it on TV and know it's true, because you can't put anything on the internet that's not true... :devil:

• 2 years later...

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyoureqquiz/results/?result=153

Your EQ is 153

emotions.jpg

Two possibilities - you've either out "Dr. Phil-ed" Dr. Phil... or you're a dirty liar.

Seriously though, your whole "Don't Worry, Be Happy" philosophy is really what defines emotional intelligence.
You're warm, open, and very optimistic. You know how to act appropriately, even if you don't feel like it.

You are a good communicator, and you have little difficulty with personal relationships - even when you're dealing with difficult people.
In general, you are successful, capable, together person. You get what you want out of life.

I don't know about all this, but I answered truthfully... who knew?

This thing is so screwed up. I spent an hour punching different combinations just to find out that it scores the most emotionally stable people between 110 and 140, the people below these scores to a point lead just fine lives but the people above them are the easiest to knock flat. All I have to do is pretend they are hurting my FEE FEEs and they freak out.

On 7/8/2007 at 3:54 PM, Troy Spiral said:

Empathy and Emotionally Observant are two different things. Empathy is a uncontrolled reaction. Being emotionally observant means being able to choose your own reaction to another's emotional state.

I am very emotionally observant and can choose to appear empathetic, some would call this sociopathic but they haven't delved far enough into the human mind and are relying on buzz definitions. Some people just despise allowing themselves illogical reactions. Raaaaaaarely will someones emotional reaction bring about an empathetic reaction in me. Then it typically has to be someone I am very close to AND if their reaction is causing empathy in me but the reaction is illogical then I will fight any expression. The last thing I want to do is encourage inappropriate emotional responses, that is how we have ended up with so many cry baby bitch ass give me my participation trophy entitled millennials who think segregation and fear based bigotry are ok... unless it is coming from the "other".

• 2 years later...

Your EQ is 120

emotions.jpg

I'm pretty happy with this score (^.^)

• 3 years later...

image.thumb.jpeg.e31008ddb3a83f8f192979803ac98f7e.jpeg

You're average. It's easy to predict how you'll react to things. But anyone could have guessed that. You're a bit moody, and sometimes you have trouble coping with every day life. But you're by no means depressed, and your good days definitely out number your bad days.

There's nothing really wrong with your life, but you may not be living up to your actual potential. Negative emotions can be a real drain of your energy, so make sure you have them under control.

I hate being “average” 🦊