How Did You Hear About Dgn?

Troy Spiral

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

neptunebaby...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tehe...toni , how is she?

p.s. introduced to the board by me...from the first time that she went to the city club.

By ManicQueen at the end of one of our nights at City Club.  This was while I was still in my CC honeymoon phase....ahh those were the days.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Manicqueen (yea)

I met Troy quite a while ago at City Club, he invited me then.  Probalby in 00-01?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

intro. to troy and this by me , when i took you down to the city club

Uhh.. I was told to check out the Troy Spiral board by a guy that went by Christofbites? I dunno if I spelled that right.. it's been soooo long.

B~

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*spelling is CHRISTOPHSBITE86*

oh yeah how is he? anyone talk to him anymore?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm doing fine , finally some people will remember me , and won't be afaid to say "HI"

Yeah since my re-emergence at City Club i've been talking him fairly regularly.  Hes a pretty good friend.  Him (real name Greg)  Dean (other older DGNer whos DGN name i cant remember) and the recently shown up SmallPaleAndScary are 3 guys i've been working on for awhile to come back. (all CC regulars)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanx Troy...but you could have said my new s/n

...thru Troy... :happy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW this one really takes the cake and icecream , like as if she just walked up to Troy one day and said HI , tehe....or was it through me? that we may never know

i heard of Troy Spiral radio show , (still have pen and button) well through Troy , myself and a friend meet Troy through Mark at the club...started listening to the radio show every weekend on the way down to the club...Troy had start this board and invited myself and dean to join...it took me awhile but i join as "Christophsbite" (a haunted house charcter i use to do)...and now i am Kiss The Midget....and thats my story

Greg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

On the search engine. I was looking for a good goth forum/site to get involved in and this site came up first on the list. Which is good since it's in MI. Too bad Grand Rapids sucks ass though. D-town right now is too far to drive, especially when I don't know everyone that well here.

Looks like a lot of referals from friends here.

How Did You Hear About DGN? How did you finally "end up joining" DGN?

Oh and BTW, if you have any interest in helping DGN, the thing we ALWAYS need help with is promotion.  Its the hardest thing of any aspect of DGN to get consistant help with.  *hint hint*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i ask for open thought an all things open site an yours was my first path as for the joining what i read was invteing for a new travler in this land im try to promot my own art i understand how my i be of service

okay so one day i was walking down the street in detroit smoking a red and thinking about ways to meet new people then all of the sudden a eskimo shows up in front of me out of thin air i of course say yo and tip my hat as always and he says im here to take you to mexico now im thinking to myself why the fuck do i have to go to mexico but hey there want much point in thinking to much into it i mean when was the last time a eskimo showed up in front of you and told you to go somewhere......thats what i thought so i get to mexico and its hot as all hell and i turn to the eskimo and ask him why am i here and he says that i have to free all of the roosters from being forced to fight with each other at which point i turned to him and asked why say rooster when you can say cock? so he takes me to this bar where after they close at night these cock fight take place and you need to know a password to get in i of course did not know the password that eskimo was going to tell me but ended up getting drunk and hired by some random pimp to be his bitch......he will be missed but thats besides the point im here in this bar and they close so i sneak out side and around the back to where i see people knocking on this door and saying the password i get closer and closer to the door all soild snake mode (see mom i did get somehwhere playing video games all the time) until i can hear just what the password was the i got my act striaght acted all cool walked up said the password and got into the fight at that point i was not sure what to so all i knew was that i didnt like seeing those animals abused like that then all of the sudden i knew i needed a distreacton so i jumped up yelled MIGHTY FUCK SOMEBODY PUT SHIT IN MY PANTS and the crowed just scatred i took advantage of that and freed all of the cocks(oh thats why you should say rooster instead of cock it might sound worng) and ran the hell out of there

then i had to find a way home but sadly i couldnt so i had to walk from mexico to detroit and when i got to detroit i ran into a bum tipped my hat and said yo he asked if i had any change i checked my pockets and found none i said sorry buddy but i cant help you out and walked off at which point he got mad and threw a 40 at me when it hit my head and i passed out i heard a voice say go to www.detroitgothic.net and when i came to i did just that and the rest as they say is history

• 1 year later...

I met FarrIL about 3 years ago and she was all into DGN and kept nagging me to join. I never did mostly because I try to avoid forums but also simply to spite her (tee hee). One night we were at Mephistos and some guy complimented me on my dancing and gave me a DGN business card. Turns out it was the Mr. Troy Spiral. So, I figured what the hey and gave it a whirl. And now you can't pry me away. :laughing

It was way back when I had first moved to Michigan that I kept being told that I could find more about the Goth scene by wandering over. Took me a while to finally check it out -- but being that Bav and Jinx are here, I figured it was safe enough.

Glad I came, too.

It was way back when I had first moved to Michigan that I kept being told that I could find more about the Goth scene by wandering over. Took me a while to finally check it out -- but being that Bav and Jinx are here, I figured it was safe enough.

Glad I came, too.

Jinx doesn't actually count because he never actually posts except to promote. Just thought I'd point out the obvious there.

I was browsing random local forums, and I liked the folks.....I think I've been around for what 2.5 years now? something like that.........

Yay! DGN!

How did you find the "random local forums" ?

Jinx doesn't actually count because he never actually posts except to promote. Just thought I'd point out the obvious there.

haha. I think using DGN for promotion-only is a vaild use of DGN. It is nice to see people not only use DGN for promotion though i agree.

haha. I think using DGN for promotion-only is a vaild use of DGN. It is nice to see people not only use DGN for promotion though i agree.

Not disagreeing with you at all. It is nice to see local events posted that posters might be interested in.