what are you doing right now?

paradox

On 12/19/2016 at 2:52 AM, Draco1958 said:

That's fun.  Most of the computers here are mashed together parts from other computers.  Have a boatload of spare parts including towers.

Here too, with extra parts, but that's not what I meant this time.  

I literally jacked the power source of one computer (that I built) into the motherboard of a DELL (my brother gave me) while using the C drive of the DELL as the boot drive and C drive from the one I built as the D drive, crossing the SATA lines from one computer to the other.

large.585b309779bfa_imag2263resized122116.jpg

This is only temporary until my heatsink retention bracket arrives. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

Here too, with extra parts, but that's not what I meant this time.  

I literally jacked the power source of one computer (that I built) into the motherboard of a DELL (my brother gave me) while using the C drive of the DELL as the boot drive and C drive from the one I built as the D drive, crossing the SATA lines from one computer to the other.

large.585b309779bfa_imag2263resized122116.jpg

This is only temporary until my heatsink retention bracket arrives. :biggrin:

So using one computer as a life support for the other one.  The way they use an artificial heart or lung during transplant surgery.

I was up watching you tube since like 430 am. I found Steve Wilkos..got into that and this asshole was on there saying his gf was fat and he wanted a model and I'm looking at him and he looked like the dude from the movie,  Powder so I had to make a comment about it but than I thought about the time I was about 19 and I got pulled over driving in the neighborhood with my friends and I remember I had shorts on and the cop had looked at my legs and said, what's wrong with your skin? I can see your vains! You're not even white..your translucent!  

Thanks for making me feel like a freak of nature, officer!

Alabaster.   Ok! 

Anyway now I'm going to go get a Coke from across the street to try and settle my nausea. 

Edited by kat

31 minutes ago, kat said:

I was up watching you tube since like 430 am. I found Steve Wilkos..got into that and this asshole was on there saying his gf was fat and he wanted a model and I'm looking at him and he looked like the dude from the movie,  Powder so I had to make a comment about it but than I thought about the time I was about 19 and I got pulled over driving in the neighborhood with my friends and I remember I had shorts on and the cop had looked at my legs and said, what's wrong with your skin? I can see your vains! You're not even white..your translucent!  

Thanks for making me feel like a freak of nature, officer!

Alabaster.   Ok! 

Anyway now I'm going to go get a Coke from across the street to try and settle my nausea. 

I did that a few days ago.  Started around 3 am and finally made it to bed close to 10 am.  I was searching for meditation music.

7 hours ago, Draco1958 said:

I did that a few days ago.  Started around 3 am and finally made it to bed close to 10 am.  I was searching for meditation music.

This will raise your vibration. It is so beautiful . I can't even describe the feel.

"All my pain departs...

In listening to my heart"

Edited by kat

Rebooting my computer and hoping WINDOWS 10 does not remove anymore previous updates because it thinks I stole the copy of WINDOWS 10 that I purchased.

It's not my fault they decided to discontinue XP and force everyone to upgrade and then penalize you if you had a catastrophic hardware failure causing you to use what you had on hand to monster together a functioning system so you could fix the problem with the broken system just to be told to buy another copy of the OS that you have because now they can't recognize the drive you loaded it on. :rant:

Whatever...:dry:

15 hours ago, TronRP said:

Rebooting my computer and hoping WINDOWS 10 does not remove anymore previous updates because it thinks I stole the copy of WINDOWS 10 that I purchased.

It's not my fault they decided to discontinue XP and force everyone to upgrade and then penalize you if you had a catastrophic hardware failure causing you to use what you had on hand to monster together a functioning system so you could fix the problem with the broken system just to be told to buy another copy of the OS that you have because now they can't recognize the drive you loaded it on. :rant:

Whatever...:dry:

Win XP will still work and the updates should still be available.  Roommate and I are building an XP machine so I can play some older games I have.  Might even build a 98se machine.

On 1/1/2017 at 9:32 PM, Draco1958 said:

Win XP will still work and the updates should still be available.  Roommate and I are building an XP machine so I can play some older games I have.  Might even build a 98se machine.

Buddy, all I can say is good luck with that.  I've been building computers for a couple of decades now, but this all out conversion thing has thrown a wrench in the cogs.  Even the guy that helped me eventually activate my version of WINDOWS 10 was shocked to hear that I was upgrading from XP and not 7, 8 and some other version he asked if I had.

Although I currently can not stand WINDOWS 10 with all it's apps and constant data streaming (to ensure you are not illegally using their software) I will use it for as long as I have to.  Really thinking of becoming a MAC user now that most of my "everything" is now obsolete. :confused:

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic