Whats Your Excuse For Not Going To Cc On Saturday ?

Troy Spiral

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other (Explain): The 741 mile drive. :wink :

When we were living downriver, we went pretty regularly on Saturdays, even before that was designated "DGN Nite".

If we didn't go, what would keep us from going would include: a strong, hermetic pull to "just stay home"; not feeling up to dealing with the reek of cigarette smoke in the air, our eyes, our hair, and our clothes; and one very valid reason you left out altogether: financial inability.

Upon our return to Michigan, we will more than likely return to a weekly Saturday night CC fixx.

Edited by Fierce Critter

700 mile drive? bah, thats just a hop skip and a jump. :cool :

Random thought about the "smoke". Generally, i can deal with cigar/cigarette/clove/other smoke pretty well, but i DO notice it on my clothes/hair after i leave.

Strangely though i rarely notice it when i first walk in, not just CC , but any club. >ponder

I voted "other" because I was generalizing two reasons we can't/don't go: 1) right now, we can't because of distance. 2) When we live(d) where distance wasn't a factor, the things I offered in my explanation apply - and they weren't necessarily covered in your choices (espcially the financial bit).

Other - My LCC attendance goes in cycles. Right now I'm in a not going cycle.

Maybe I should --seeing as how I am moderator of all things Nightlife -- set aside one day/month where I post a gigantic pic of myself and tell DGNers, "I'll be right next to the bar! Come say hi!"

Usually it's because of work, but sometimes I just don't want to go there alone, most of my friends are married & have kids, they won't go, and my other friends are reluctant to go, because they know I'll sacrifice them as poseurs...even though I've pinky swore not to.

....are reluctant to go, because they know I'll sacrifice them as poseurs...even though I've pinky swore not to.

LOL now thats funny. :laughing:

Although thats sort of a catch 22. "I dont go becasue i dont have friends to be there with.... and i dont have friends to be there with becasue i dont go enough to have any regular friends that are there..."

If you go regularly enough, you'll trip over friendly faces just trying to get halfway in the place once you build up a group of "regulars" that you know.

I for one dont know a living or dead soul in the placce beside the person/ people who come with me.... that is the main reason why i joined this bored..... now that i joined the bored and i still dont know any one other then the peps i take with me i want to go more just so i can meet some of you in person, even if we never devleope a great freindship it will just be nice to say hi to some one beside the person i drove with.

If i never meet any one

i will go to CC to dance and zone........

sometimes it is good to be alone

I can site many reasons why I hate it and Labyrinth, Troy you opened up this can of worms, so it's no one's fault but your own :p

#1. Quite literally everyone thinks that it is the cornerstone of the Gothic/Industrial scene in Detroit. I avoid it to prove that it is not in fact necessary for the Gothic/Industrial scene to survive. I want to see the scene become decentralised from the place.

#2. The Leland building is falling apart. I made my way into the basement and it made me never want to enter the building agian. Last time I was there was just to DJ the NYE bash in the 2nd club (Stuido 54). They're trying to fix it up but I doubt they'll ever repair it fully. If a city inspector saw it they would be shut down. I'm sure someone has and they're getting paid off to keep their mouth shut. I prefer my club where the bathrooms are actually clean.

$3. They still owe me money for said work. They've taken enough of it over the years anyhow. Not to mention the fact that Higgins is only interested in making more cash and he's such a penny pinching greedy fuck that he'll do anything ANYTHING to save or make some extra money. (yeah I used "$3." for that reason on this one heh)

#4. I work for the competiton, not that it means anything. I could still go but I'd rather go to where I know the owner personally. I know and like all of the staff (for the most part). If I see something wrong or that needs doing, I have the power to fix it or change it. If I need a ride and it's early enough I can call the owner and he himself will come and get me or have the bouncer pick me up. If I get hungry (or if anyone gets hungry really) we'll order a pizza and I can EAT there. I can also book bands I'd like to see and I think will bring people out (such as oh say "Faith and the Muse" on my birthday last year). If I'm DJ'ing I get to play whatever I want usually (the crowd doesn't mind either since it's all good music). I want to take a nap, I can go upstairs and sleep. I feel at home there and everyone knows me, I'm not just some face in the crowd. It's like a gothic "Cheers" where everyone knows your name.

Even if Mephisto's closed up tomorrow forever I still wouldn't go to that sh*thole ever agian. I'd go to Luna more often or find some other goth club to go to. I already try to go to Luna as often as I can on Tuesdays and Thursdays when we're not open and Necto on Mondays, though it's not often I do that as my truck is hurting right now. Or just hang out in my room which I've made almost exaclty like my own little club. Complete with lighting and club quality sound (well better than City Club sound actually since my speakers aren't blown).

#1.  Quite literally everyone thinks that it is the cornerstone of the Gothic/Industrial scene in Detroit.  I avoid it to prove that it is not in fact necessary for the Gothic/Industrial scene to survive.  I want to see the scene become decentralised from the place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think alot of us feel that way about CC cause it has stayed open where other clubs have vanished..... any one rember thomas manor???? ( the place lestat hung befor city club),

i agree the building is for shit, and frankly i hate being cold every time i go in the winter.

i also hate the fact that the bathrooms are not clean.

I have been thinking of visiting other places but i have a fear that if i go and i like it it will vanish or change there style to make more money like some other clubs i used to like alot did. As i get older hte fear subsides as i realize a night at the club is really what you make of it, and if you have good freinds with you no matter where you hang out it should be fun.

I haven't gone at all this past winter but winter before last, not only were the bathrooms not clean, there was a VERY noticeble lack of toilet tissue as well as the toilets not flushing at all. Having to wait outside the ladies room while someone takes a bucket of water in there to flush the toilets is not high on my list of Fun to Do. And as someone already stated, heating/cooling is also an issue.

While I've not seen the basement like SG has, I'm sure it's in quite a state of disrepair.

I would go if I wasn't approximately 1,500 miles away from Detroit right now.. Wyoming sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gawd..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

um so at risk of stating the obvious...and half yelling at my self....

we should probally stop whinning about what we do have as choices for fun, because at least we have them....... :blushing:

I'll be at the Venetian Snares show at the Lab, which doesn't start until 11pm...depending on when that lets out (and if I can talk everyone else into going to CC), I may or may not be coming upstairs. I'd really rather not go alone anymore since most folks that I knew at the club have all moved away or gotten married. :unhappy:

Sup Spookykid?

Anyhow yeah, I can guarentee you if people don't start going to Mephisto's we're going to lose that night as well. The owners are getting fed up with the lack of attendance and interest in the club from the goth/industiral crowd. I hear live acts on Thursdays and Fridays (which is fine since those are non scene related nights). But I do Saturdays currently and roomer has it Jinx is to start right along side me (or maybe take over completely, if my industrial won't bring you out his EBM might, not that we both don't dabble in the other genres).

lestat_and_lilith you talk about being thankful for what we have. Well we have more than City Club. Most people just go there because they know everyone from what I gather.

True our dance floor isn't that big but we've just put in all new lighting in on the 2nd floor converting it into a dancefloor and we've got other plans as well. I'm trying to bring back the wireless internet so people can surf the web there. I want to start streaming the music online when I get that set up again.

Also if we could be open till 4:30 AM we would be.

I welcome any suggestions anyone has of how to improve our bar as well.