Pictures of You

19 minutes ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

You have a framed photo of queen Elizabeth in your house?? 

Ironically I'm sure (though they do live in Canada, I think they just give them away.)

Fun fact, if I'm ever invited over there to DJ my first/last track will be "God Save the Queen" by The Sex Pistols or something equally as offensive.  Abolish the Monarchy!

I had a friend with Mao as a fridge magnet.

20 hours ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

You have a framed photo of queen Elizabeth in your house?? 

I do!

Of all the things to see in our house that's the thing that gets the most questions and I find it hilarious.

I find Queen Elizabeth to be a fascinating figurehead who had lived an interesting life, and though the role of the Monarchy is primarily ceremonial with Parliament stripping the Monarchy of all real power generations ago, she still helped bring the institution into modern day better than I think anyone else could have. With the limitations placed on her and the institution by both British and Commonwealth law I believe she did more net good than bad in this world. 

When I received my citizenship in Canada, because HRM Elizabeth Regina was the ceremonial head of state and the figurehead that is the focus of Canadian citizenship my wife thought it would be hilarious to give me a picture of the Queen.

I agreed it was hilarious and hung the picture and giggle every time someone looks at it with a look of confusion on their face.

20 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Ironically I'm sure (though they do live in Canada, I think they just give them away.)

Fun fact, if I'm ever invited over there to DJ my first/last track will be "God Save the Queen" by The Sex Pistols or something equally as offensive.  Abolish the Monarchy!

I had a friend with Mao as a fridge magnet.

You can get pictures of the Head of State (which is currently HRM Charles Rex) for free through official channels.

For the most part Canadians are widely indifferent toward the Monarchy. There are some who are strongly pro, some strongly con, but the majority seem to give it a resounding "meh".

The Monarch has limited authority in Canada. Provinces hold more individual power than States do, and Provinces have more control in their day to day than the Canadian Federal Gov't does. 

On 9/4/2023 at 11:41 PM, Raev said:

For the most part Canadians are widely indifferent toward the Monarchy. There are some who are strongly pro, some strongly con, but the majority seem to give it a resounding "meh".

I am sure in case of necessity the people of Québec have „Le Rasoir National“ in the attic. 😜

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2023 at 8:19 AM, SlavicGoth said:

This is a image of the outfit i was wearing during Liquid Red. Wish I didn't take the spiked hood off so soon after the stage event to get some photos of me in that too. 

122359.jpeg

spot on!

• 4 months later...